Superadobe Earth Dome Workshop
The Cal-Earth Institute (Californian Institute of Earth Architecture) in collaboration with Vide Terra organizes a SuperAdobe workshop in Italy. This 8 days intensive course teaches how to apply the SuperAdobe/earthbag technique for a dome construction.
The workshoppers will receive an official certificate of completion from the Cal-Earth Institute.
During the workshop it will be built a 2,5m (internal diameter) earth dome with a door opening and a window. The purpose of the course is to give the theoretical and practical tools useful to design and build a small earth structure or living space.
The workshop will be divided into a theoretical and a practical part.
– Earth architecture and the importance of building with earth
– The SuperAdobe technique
– The principle of the arch and of the dome
– Designing a dome
– Practical techniques to analyse earth composition
– Introduction to waterproofing
– Designing more complex structures and living spaces based on the Eco-Dome concept.
– Hands on construction of a complete 2,5m earth dome (foundation and structure)
– Creation of openings for doors, windows and ventilation
– Introduction to plastering
Details of the workshop: